Saturday, February 9, 2013

Creamy Chicken Avocado Enchiladas.

I have to give myself a quick pat on the back this week. I actually made dinner multiple times (no mac n cheese or frozen pizza, but real homemade dinner!!). I have been pulling my favorite recipes from pinterest each week and trying to shop accordingly so that those yummy looking pins don't go to waist. A few nights ago I decided to try creamy avocado enchiladas but with my own twist to make it easier and faster. They turned out so good so I thought I would share.

when I'm making changes to recipes I don't always measure so use your best judgement.

Ingredients:
5 boneless chicken breast
1 chicken bullion cube
Whole wheat tortillas
Shredded Mexican style cheese
2 avocados
Fat free sour cream
1 can of mild green enchilada sauce
Lime juice (I used half a lime)
cilantro
Cumin to taste
Salt & pepper to taste

Sauce:
Blend avocados, 3/4 cup sour cream, enchilada sauce, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice until well blended (it should be smooth). Add salt and pepper to taste.

Chicken:
Bring the chicken, bullion cube, salt, and pepper to a boil - until white all the way through. Times vary depending on if chicken is thawed or frozen. Remove chicken from the pan and shred with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup sour cream and about 1/4 cup of your avocado cream sauce (you don't want the chicken runny, just enough to mix).

Spread chicken mixture down the middle of your tortillas and roll up the tortilla. Place rolled tortillas in a greased pan. Cover enchiladas with avocado sauce and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

I don't like spicy food so if you do, I would suggest spicing it up these are pretty tame. You could blend jalepeno's or green chilies into the sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment